Low level languagePritesh
What is Low level Language in Computer Science ?
- Machine understandable Language.
- Assembly is common high level language
- Internal machine code dependent
- Fast to run but slow to write & understand
What is machine Level Language ?
- Machine code is the only language a microprocessor can process directly without a previous transformation.
- Currently, Programmers never write programs directly in machine code, because it requires attention to numerous details which a high-level language would handle automatically.
- Low Level Language requires memorizing or looking up numerical codes for every instruction that is used.
- For this reason, second generation programming languages provide one abstraction level on top of the machine code.
Recommended Article : Assembly language code in C program
Below is a example function in 32-bit x86 machine code to calculate the nth Fibonacci number
8B542408 83FA0077 06B80000 0000C383 FA027706 B8010000 00C353BB 01000000 B9010000 008D0419 83FA0376 078BD98B C84AEBF1 5BC3
Summary of lower level languages
Low level languages are Machine Understandable, difficult to write, requires more efforts to code and debug.