C committee – ANSIPritesh
De facto Standards :
Please refer the definition from Wikipedia.
- De facto is a Latin expression that means “by [the] fact”.
- In law, it is meant to mean “in practice but not necessarily ordained by law
American National Standards Institute [ ANSI ]
- Founded in 1918
- Number of Members : 1,300 members (including all the large computer companies ]
- ANSI Creates standards for the computer industry
- For example : ANSI C is a version of the C language that has been approved by the ANSI committee.
- To a large degree, all ANSI C compilers, regardless of which company produces them, should behave similarly.
|Short Form||Long Form|
|ISO||International Standard Organization|
|ANSI||American National Standard Institute.|