C Programming is widely used in Computer Technology, We can say that C is inspiration for development of other languages. We can use C for different purposes. Below are some of the Features of C Programming –
Table of content
Features of C Programming Language :
|Features of C|
|Low Level Language Support||Program Portability|
|Powerful and Feature Rich||Bit Manipulation|
|High Level Features||Modular Programming|
|Efficient Use of Pointers|
1 . Low Level Features :
- C Programming provides low level features that are generally provided by the Lower level languages. C is Closely Related to Lower level Language such as “Assembly Language“.
- It is easier to write assembly language codes in C programming.
2 . Portability :
- C Programs are portable i.e they can be run on any Compiler with Little or no Modification
- Compiler and Preprocessor make it Possible for C Program to run it on Different PC
3 . Powerful
- Provides Wide verity of ‘Data Types‘
- Provides Wide verity of ‘Functions’
- Provides useful Control & Loop Control Statements
4 . Bit Manipulation
- C Programs can be manipulated using bits. We can perform different operations at bit level. We can manage memry representation at bit level. [Eg. We can use Structure to manage Memory at Bit Level]
- It provides wide verity of bit manipulation Operators. We have bitwise operators to manage Data at bit level.
5 . High Level Features :
- It is more User friendly as compare to Previous languages. Previous languages such as BCPL,Pascal and other programming languages never provide such great features to manage data.
- Previous languages have there pros and cons but C Programming collected all useful features of previous languages thus C become more effective language.
6 . Modular Programming
- Modular programming is a software design technique that increases the extent to which software is composed of separate parts, called modules
- C Program Consist of Different Modules that are integrated together to form complete program
7 . Efficient Use of Pointers
- Pointers has direct access to memory.
- C Supports efficient use of pointer .