C pointer memory organizationPritesh
In the last chapter we have learnt about Address operator in C Programming. In this chapter we are going to learn the memory organization for pointer variable.
Memory Organization for Pointer Variable :
- When we use variable in program then Compiler keeps some memory for that variable depending on the data type
- The address given to the variable is Unique with that variable name
- When Program execution starts the variable name is automatically translated into the corresponding address.
- Pointer Variable is nothing but a memory address which holds another address .
- In the above program “i” is name given for memory location for human understanding , but compiler is unable to recognize “i” . Compiler knows only address.
In the next chapter we will be learning , Memory requirement for storing pointer variable.