C variable attributesPritesh
Fundamental Attributes of C Variable :
- Name of a Variable
- Value Inside Variable
- Address of Variable
- Size of a Variable
- Type of a Variable
1.Name of Variable
- We can Give proper name to any Variable which is human readable.
- Compiler won’t understand this name , This is only for human understanding.
- Variable name is only the name given to the “Memory address”.
- Variable name maps into “Address inside” and then by considering mapped address compiler processes data.
- We have declared variable means “We have created one empty container which will hold data“.
2.Value inside Variable
- Depending on the type of Variable we can store any value of appropriate data type inside Variable.
- Suppose we have “Integer Variable” then Value inside variable will be of type “Integer“.
- Simple Variable can only hold one value at a time.
3.Address of Variable
- Variable can hold data ,it means there should be a container.
- So container must have Starting Address.
- Address of variable = Starting Address of Memory where Memory is allocated to Variable.
4.Type of Variable
- While declaring a variable we have to specify type of variable.
- Type of variable tells compiler that – “Allocate memory for data of Specified type“.
- If we declare variable of type Integer then compiler will allocate memory container of size 2 bytes and container will be able to store integer data only.
5.Size of Variable
- We can use sizeof operator to calculate size of any data type.
|Variable Size||2 Bytes|