What is Gulp?
Why we should use gulp ?
- Gulp is lightweight, simpler and faster.
- Gulp is used to make build task easier.
- Gulp is used to optimize images in the project
- Gulp is used compile SASS and LESS to CSS
- Gulp is used to reload or refresh page automatically in browser when source file is modified in text editor
- Gulp has strong ecosystem which have around 2000+ plugins to automate your task
- Gulp is widely supported in majority of IDEs with PHP, .NET, Node.js, Java, and other platforms
- Gulp is easy to use.
- Gulp manipulates files in memory hence it enhances speed of task.
- High speed over any other task runner
- Easy to code and understand.
- Large plugin support.
- Widely supported by IDEs with PHP,.Net, Java
- Newcomer in market as compared to Grunt.
- Requires more dependencies as compare to other task runners.
- Designed to run single task
- Less number of plugins as compare to Grunt.