How to Parse XML Document ?
- An XML processor is more commonly called a parser.
- XML Parser parses XML and provides needed information to the application.
- XML Parser reads document characters by character and determines which characters are part of the document’s markup and which are part of the document’s data.
- XML Parser does all processing of XML document before an application can make use of it.
- In market there are many Parser available from different Vendors.
Some Well Known XML Parsers :
1.Microsoft Internet Explorer Parser
- Microsoft’s XML parser is known as MSXML.
- MSXML first shipped with Internet Explorer 4.
- The latest version of the parser is available for download from Microsoft’s MSDN site.
- Comes built-in with the Internet Explorer browser.
- The Apache Software Foundation’s Xerces subproject of the Apache XML Project has resulted in XML parsers in Java and C++, plus a Perl wrapper for the C++ parser.
- These tools are free, and the distribution of the code is controlled by the GNU Public License (GPL).
3.James Clark’s Expat
- Completely Written in C.
- It is free for both private and commercial use
- Can be Downloaded From Here.
- Created and Owned By IBM.
- Completely written in Java.
- Available for free.