What is PHP ?
- PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. Officially (Personal Home Page)
- PHP scripts are executed on the server thus PHP is also called as server-side scripting language.
- PHP supports many databases such as MySQL, Informix, Oracle, Sybase, Solid, PostgreSQL, Generic ODBC, etc and provide database functionality to webpages.
- PHP is an open source software and thus any one can download it and install it on own server.
- PHP supports a large number of major protocols such as POP3, IMAP, and LDAP
- PHP provides interactivity to HTML page by executing dynamic content such as database connectivity,session tracking and more complex scripts such as E-Commerce.
- PHP syntax is similar to that of C Programming so if you are aware of C programming then writing php code is not a big deal for you.