Primitive Data Types in Java Programming Language :
Data type is nothing but the type of the data. Each Variable in Java must have certain type associated with it which tells us what kind of data a variable can store.
Data Types in Java Programming Language are classified into two main groups – Primitive and Reference Data Types.
A primitive Data Types are :
- Data types are predefined by the Java language.
- Predefined data types are Reserved keyword so we cannot use them as variable name inside program/application
- Primitive values do not share state with other primitive values.
- Total Number of Primitive Data Types in Java Programming is 8
- All Primitive Data Types have respective Wrapper Classes i.e Integer is wrapper class for primitive type int
Primitive Data Types are -
|Primitive Data Types in Java :|
Classification of Data Types in Java Programming Language
Data Type and Other Details
|boolean||true or false||false||1 bit|
|char||Unicode Character||\u0000||16 bits|
|byte||Signed Integer||0||8 bits|
|short||Signed Integer||0||16 bits|
|int||Signed Integer||0||32 bits|
|long||Signed Integer||0||64 bits|
|float||Floating Number||0.0||32 bit|
|double||Floating Number||0.0||64 bit|