11 Features of Java Programming Language
- Java is Easy to write and more readable and eye catching.
- Java has a concise, cohesive set of features that makes it easy to learn and use.
- Most of the concepts are drew from C++ thus making Java learning simpler.
- Java program cannot harm other system thus making it secure.
- Java provides a secure means of creating Internet applications.
- Java provides secure way to access web applications.
- Java programs can execute in any environment for which there is a Java run-time system.(JVM)
- Java programs can be run on any platform (Linux,Window,Mac)
- Java programs can be transferred over world wide web (e.g applets)
- Java programming is object-oriented programming language.
- Like C++ java provides most of the object oriented features.
- Java is pure OOP. Language. (while C++ is semi object oriented)
- Java encourages error-free programming by being strictly typed and performing run-time checks.
- Java provides integrated support for multithreaded programming.
- Java is not tied to a specific machine or operating system architecture.
- Machine Independent i.e Java is independent of hardware .
- Java supports cross-platform code through the use of Java bytecode.
- Bytecode can be interpreted on any platform by JVM.
High performance :
- Bytecodes are highly optimized.
- JVM can executed them much faster .
- Java was designed with the distributed environment.
- Java can be transmit,run over internet.
- Java programs carry with them substantial amounts of run-time type information that is used to verify and resolve accesses to objects at run time.