JSP Processing : ArchitecturePritesh
JSP Introduction :
- JSP stands for Java Server Pages. All your JSP pages are stored on the server.
- The web server have JSP engine which acts as a container to process JSP pages.
- All the requests for JSP Pages are intercepted by JSP Container.
- JSP container along with web server provide the runtime environment to JSP.
JSP Processing :
Please find the below steps that are required to process JSP Page –
- Web browser sends an HTTP request to the web server requesting JSP page.
- Web server recognizes that the HTTP request by web browser is for JSP page by checking the extension of the file (i.e .jsp)
- Web server forwards HTTP Request to JSP engine.
- JSP engine loads the JSP page from disk and converts it into a servlet
- JSP engine then compiles the servlet into an executable class and forward original request to a servlet engine.
- Servlet engine loads and executes the Servlet class.
- Servlet produces an output in HTML format
- Output produced by servlet engine is then passes to the web server inside an HTTP response.
- Web server sends the HTTP response to Web browser in the form of static HTML content.
- Web browser loads the static page into the browser and thus user can view the dynamically generated page.