Java vs C#
How Java Related to C# ?
- After the creation of Java, Microsoft developed the C# language and C# is closely related to Java.
- Many of C#’s features directly parallel Java. Both Java and C# share the same general C++-style syntax, support distributed programming, and utilize the same object model.
- Though there are some differences between Java and C#, but the overall feel of these languages is very similar.
- If you already know C#, then learning Java will be easy and vice versa
- Java and C# are optimized for two different types of computing environments.
- C# and Java Both Languages are drew from C++.
- Both Languages are capable of creating cross platform portable program code.
Important : How do Java & C# create cross-platform portable Code ?
Consider Scenario of Java Programming Language
- Java is created by Sun Micro System.
- Java Compiler produces Intermediate code called Byte Code.
- Byte Code i.e intermediate code is executed by the Run Time Environment.
- In Java Run Time Environment is called as “JVM” [ Java Virtual Machine]
- If we have JVM already installed on any platform then JVM can produce machine dependent Code based on the intermediate code.
Java Vs C Sharp
Here are some differences between Java and C Sharp.
|Data Types||Less Primitive DT||More Primitive DT|
|Struct Concept||Not Supported||Supported|
|Switch Case||String in Switch Not Allowed||String in Switch Allowed|
Re-commanded Reading :
|Difference between Java and C#||CodeProject|
|Similarities Between C# and Java||MSDN|