About Java and Hostory :
- Java was designed by Sun Microsystems in the early 1990s.
- Basic aim of java was to solve the problem of connecting many household machines together.
- Project was unsuccessful because no one wanted to use it.
- Earlier Name of Java : OAK
- Creator of Java : James Gosling (the father of Java)
- As there was another language called Oak , they decided to rename OAK. New name was given to OAK , OAK was renamed Java in 1994
- Java was publicly released on : May 27, 1995
- Java was targeted at : Internet development
- Applets Had early support from companies : Netscape Communications
Language was created with 5 main goals:
- It should be object oriented
- A single representation of a program could be executed on multiple operating systems
- It should fully support network programming
- It should execute code from remote sources securely
- It should be easy to use
|Designed By||Sun Microsystems|
|Designed In||early 1990s|
|Basic Aim||For Communicating Between Household things|
|Earlier Name of Java||OAK|
|Creator of Java||James Gosling|
|First Public Release||27 May 1995|
|Java was targeted at||Internet Development|
In the next chapter we are going to see difference between two major and most widely spread languages – C# and Java.