ANT Environment SetupPritesh
Installing Prerequisite :
Before installing ANT we must check our system, if JDK installation is already present in your local system or not. If JDK is installed then check whether the Class path entry for jdk is present or not.
If not, please follow the instructions here.
We need Eclipse IDE for learning the integration between Ant and Java. Follow below directions to download and install the Eclipse IDE.
Installing Eclipse :
- Download the latest Eclipse Binaries from www.eclipse.org
- Unzip the Eclipse binaries to a any accessible location (We have unzipped binaries at D:\Eclipse
- Run Eclipse from D:\Eclipse\eclipse.exe and also make shortcut icon on the desktop so that you can access Eclipse directly from your desktop
Installing Apache ANT :
- The latest Apache Ant version can be found at http://ant.apache.org, It includes full-source code, class files and documentation . Download binaries from link.
- Make sure that JAVA_HOME environment variable is set to the folder where your JDK is installed.
- Unzip the Ant binary zip file to a preferred location.
- Create a new environment variable called ANT_HOME that points to the Ant installation folder
- Update PATH environment variable which will contain the path to the Apache Ant batch file
Consider we have downloaded the Apache ant binary zip and extracted to folder C:\apache-ant-1.8.2-bin then
|Path||Existing Path + C:\apache-ant-1.8.2-bin\bin|
Verifying Apache Ant Installation
To verify that Apache Ant has been successfully installed on your computer, open up a command prompt and type ant.
You should see an output similar to:
C:\>ant -version Apache Ant(TM) version 1.8.2 compiled on December 20 2010