Background History :
- C++ Development started in 1979.
- During the creation of Ph.D. thesis, Bjarne Stroustrup worked with language called Simula.
- Simula is basically useful for the simulation work.
- Simula was first language to support object-oriented programming paradigm
- Bjarne Stroustrup identified that this OOP features can be included in the software development.
- After that Bjarne Stroustrup started working on the C language and added more extra OOP features to the classic C.
- He added features in such a fashion that the basic flavour of C remains unaffected.
- C++ includes some add-on features such as classes, basic inheritance, in-lining, default function arguments, and strong type checking
Basic History of C++
- During 1970 Dennis Ritchie created C Programming language.
- In the early 1980’s, also at Bell Laboratories, another programming language was created which was based upon the C language.
- C++ is also called as C with classes
- Stroustrup states that the purpose of C++ is to make writing good programs easier and more pleasant for the individual programmer.
- C++ programming language is extension to C Language.
- In C we have already used increment operator (++). Therefore we called C++ as “Incremented C” means Extension to C.
Creator of C++
Versions of C++ Language
There are several versions of C++ Programming Language –
- Visual C++
- Borland C++
- Turbo C++ (To Read more click here)
- Standardize C++ [ANSI C++]
Reference Links :