C++ Compilers & IDEPritesh
C++ Compilers : 5 most popular C++ IDE / Compiler used to Run C++ Program
C++ Compilers are OS dependent so writing complex C++ Program is not an easy task , we have to put lot of efforts to write C++ Program if we don’t have IDE. IDE makes our task easy. We have list of different compilers used to compile and execute C++ programs on the different Operating Systems (OS). We have summarized all the compiles in the below list –
- Borland C++ / Turbo C++ [Old and most popular IDE]
- Visual C++ [Microsoft Platform]
- Dev C++
C++ Compilers : (You may get List of C++ Compilers Here)
Borland C++ :
- Borland C++ is a C and C++ programming environment (that is, an integrated development environment) for MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows.
- It was the successor to Turbo C++, and included a better debugger, the Turbo Debugger, which was written in protected mode DOS.
- Was most popular during 90’s.
- Evolution of Borland C++ :
Turbo C++ | | V Borland C++ | | V Borland C++ Builder | | V CodeGear C++ Builder | | V Embarcadero C++ Builder
Visual C++ :
- It is also called as Microsoft Visual C++
- It is abbreviated as MSVC or VC++
- It is Commercial as well as free version is also available.
- It integrated development environment (IDE) product from Microsoft for the C, C++, and C++/CLI programming languages.
- It has tools for developing and debugging C++ code, especially code written for the Microsoft Windows API, the DirectX API, and the Microsoft .NET Framework.