Traditional Database SystemsPritesh
Using database management system we can store and retrieve data efficiently and whenever we require. There are two main types of database management systems i.e.
- RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management System.
- RDBMS relies on storage of data in a tabular form.
- RDBMS tables have an identifier called primary key
- RDBMS database supports Normalization
- RDBMS defines its own integrity constraint to fulfil ACID (Atomocity, Consistency, Isolation and Durability) properties.
- RDBMS stores data values in the form of tables along with relationship between two data values from different tables.
- MS-SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle, MySQL, and Microsoft Access supports concepts of RDBMS
- RDBMS is based on the relational model as introduced by E. F. Codd.
- RDBMS data is stored in database objects called tables.
- Table is a collection of related data entries and it consists of columns and rows.
- Tables generally stores only structured data.
Simple Table Representation of RDBMS