C standard file IO streamPritesh
File I/O Streams in C Programming Language :
- In C all input and output is done with streams
- Stream is nothing but the sequence of bytes of data
- A sequence of bytes flowing into program is called input stream
- A sequence of bytes flowing out of the program is called output stream
- Use of Stream make I/O machine independent.
Predefined Streams :
Standard Input Stream Device :
- stdin stands for (Standard Input)
- Keyboard is standard input device .
- Standard input is data (Often Text) going into a program.
- The program requests data transfers by use of the read operation.
- Not all programs require input.
Standard Output Stream Device :
- stdout stands for (Standard Output)
- Screen(Monitor) is standard output device .
- Standard output is data (Often Text) going out from a program.
- The program sends data to output device by using write operation.
Difference Between Std. Input and Output Stream Devices :
|Point||Std i/p Stream Device||Standard o/p Stream Device|
|Stands For||Standard Input||Standard Output|
|Data Flow||Data (Often Text) going into a program||data (Often Text) going out from a program|
|Operation||Read Operation||Write Operation|
Some Important Summary :
|Point||Input Stream||Output Stream|
|Standard Device 1||Keyboard||Screen|
|Standard Device 2||Scanner||Printer|
|IO Function||scanf and gets||printf and puts|
|Data||Data goes from stream||data comes into stream|