sprintf function : sends formatted output to StringPritesh
Sprintf function : sends formatted output to String
- Output is Written into String instead of Displaying it on the Output Devices .
- Return value is integer ( i.e Number of characters actually placed in array / length of string )
- String is terminated by ‘\0’
- Main Per pose : Sending Formatted output to String
- Header File : Stdio.h
int sprintf(char *buf,char format,arg_list);
Live Example :
int age = 23 ; char str; sprintf( str , "My age is %d",age); puts(str);
Output of Above Program :
My age is 23
Analysis of Source Code : – Just keep in mind that
- Assume that we are using printf then we get output “My age is 23”
- What does printf does ? —– Just Print the Result on the Screen
- Similarly Sprintf stores result “My age is 23” into string str instead of printing it.