We are more familiar with the android operating system these days. We are using the android on many of our day to day devices such as smartphone,smart-tabs, smart-watch, smart-tv etc. Android is said to be most successful operating system in mobile devices.
Like all the software, Android too developed in releases. Interesting thing about the Android’s naming conversion is that all its versions are named alphabetically.
Android version with their releasing date :
|1||Android 1.0||-||September 23 2008|
|2||Android 1.1||-||February 9 2009|
|3||Android 1.5||Cupcake||April 30 2009|
|4||Android 1.6||Donut||September 15 2009|
|5||Android 2.0/2.1||Eclair||October 26 2009|
|6||Android 2.2||FroYo||May 20 2010|
|7||Android 2.3||Gingerbread||December 6 2010|
|8||Android 3.0||Honeycomb||February 22 2011|
|9||Android 4.0||Ice Cream Sandwich||October 19 2011|
|10||Android 4.1||Jelly Bean||July 9 2012.|
|10||Android 4.4||Kitkat||November 1 2013.|
See Google Story of Android
Some interesting facts about Android :
- Currently android is running in 25 billion mobile handsets.
- Android is most popular mobile operating system
- Android Versions are names alphabetically and all the names are eatable food items
- Android development is carried out by Google inc which Acquired Android Inc., A Small Startup, in 2005
- Apple and Windows Phone Are Android’s Biggest Competitors still market share of both apple and window together is far behind android